Heather from Smartmomma gives an overview of the various types of cloth diapers, including all-in-one diapers, pocket diapers and prefold covers.
Posts Tagged ‘raleigh baby store’
Recently, Rockin Green, a brand carried by SmartMomma, sent us a newsletter with some great tips and uses for their laundry detergent. It was so interesting and insightful to us, that we wanted to share it with our customers, so here it goes!
ROCK YOUR LAUNDRY ROOM TIP OF THE MONTH!
What do you use Rockin’ Green for beyond cleaning your laundry and cloth diapers in the machine? We asked our Facebook fans and here’s what they had to say:
· Jamie Lynn G. uses it to steam clean her carpets
· Robyn L. uses it to soak dishtowels in the sink. “They come out super clean,” she says. “Rockin’ Green is miracle stuff.”
· Heidi M. soaks her dish rack in Rockin’ Green to bust away all the icky soap scum.
· Diane T. sprinkles Rockin’ Green on her toilets before swishing them.
· Amy K. rocks a soak with her sheets.
· Kellie B. used it once to get red fingernail polish out of her white carpet and it worked!
· Samara Q. uses it on nearly everything in her house - carpets, as dishwasher detergent and as a stain remover for just about anything – bathroom, mirrors, counters, diapers, floors. She has even made a paste with Rockin’ Green and water for shining her appliances before her family comes over, and she got the hard water off her spray hose and showerhead in the bathroom.
· Liz F. uses it to get out dog urine from the carpet and walls, as well as spit up from baby and dog on the carpet and the couch.
· Amy P. rocks the soak with her husband’s military uniforms.
· Amy K. took off the covers from her couch cushions and rocked the soak. “I was shocked that they looked like new,” she says.
· Heather W. uses it to get out dirt from the grout in her tile floors.
· Alison B. uses it as jewelry cleaner.
5 QUESTIONS WITH A ROCKIN’ GREEN GROUPIE
Name: Tabitha Spivey
City: Manchester, TN
Children: Gage, 1 year old boy
1. What is your favorite scent to rock out to?
Rage Against the Raspberries!
2. What has Rockin’ Green helped you do?
Get rid of stink! I was having serious stink problems in my dipes until I started using Rockin’ Green 3 months ago.
3. What was your first rock concert? What was memorable about it?
98 Degrees! I was desperately in love with Nick Lachey. I had a poster on my wall of him that I kissed on a daily basis!
4. If you were a rock star, what diva demand would you make?
Pedicures every single day! LOVE pedis and I can’t ever afford them!
5. What is one gadget you can’t live without?
My DVR! I’d miss every show I love without it.
Lastly, tell us your best washing tip
Two things that have worked great for me is sunning my diapers for stains and doing a wash cycle of warm pre-rinse, hot wash, normal rinse, extra rinse. Haven’t had a stink issue since doing that and using my Rockin’ Green!
NOTE TO SMARTMOMMAS EVERYWHERE: YOU CAN FIND ROCKIN GREEN DETERGENT AT SMARTMOMMA, IN-STORE OR ONLINE!
About Sophie the Giraffe
Sophie the Giraffe was conceived by Monsieur Rampeau, who was an expert in transforming sap from the Hevea tree using the rotational moulding of rubber as a toy-making concept. He came up with the idea of designing a toy giraffe, sensing that such an exotic wildlife figure would be the first in the market, and its size and shape would be ideal for the baby’s hands to grasp and fit the baby’s small mouths. Sophie the Giraffe, who looks exactly the same as the day she was ‘born’, went into production on May 25th, Saint Sophie’s day, hence her name.
Sophie was an immediate success in France. Young mothers saw straightaway that Sophie was a must-have for their babies when the first signs of teething appeared. By simple word of mouth, the little Giraffe’s fame spread. From then on, generation upon generation of children in Europe, have come to love Sophie & her happy sound.
Sophie is still traditionally produced today, by Vulli, which is based in Rumilly in the Haute-Savoie Region of France. She is made from 100% natural rubber derived from the sap of the Hevea Tree. The process of creating her involves more than 14 manual operations and is still a secret, jealously guarded by the company.
So what makes Sophie the Giraffe such a success? This is baby’s first toy, and stimulates each of his senses from the age of 3 months.
At the age of 3 months, a baby’s eyesight is still limited and can only make out high contrasts. The dark and contrasting, attention-catching spots all over Sophie the Giraffe’s body provides visual stimulation and she soon becomes a familiar and reassuring object for baby.
Sophie the Giraffe squeaks when pressed and keeps baby amused and stimulates his hearing. In later months, this helps baby understand the link between cause and effect.
Sophie the Giraffe is made of 100% natural rubber and food paint and is completely safe to chew, just like a feeding bottle teat.
Her soft texture and numerous chewable parts (ears, horns, legs etc) make her perfect for soothing baby’s sore gums during teething.
The scent of natural rubber from the Hevea tree makes Sophie the Giraffe very special and easy for your baby to identify amid the other toys.
Easy to grip:
Sophie the Giraffe’s shape and size are perfect for baby’s small hands. She is very light, and her long neck and legs are easy for baby to grasp, even in his early days.